Hey there my lovelies,
A few days ago I saw looking through my recipe booklet I have been gathering over the years and I came across this quick, easy and delicious recipe and hey why not share it with you all.
- 1 butternut squash or 500g pumpkin
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 Maltese sausages remove skin and chop
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 1 cup white wine
- 600-800ml chicken stock
- 150g peas
- 2 tbsp butter
- Fresh seasoning
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 75g Grated Parmesan cheese
- Shavings of Parmesan cheese
- Peel the butternut squash or pumpkin. Bake half in the oven and then puree, and the other half cut into small dice, and sauté in a little oil.
- In a medium-size heavy saucepan or deep non-stick pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and sauté, stirring continuously, just until softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the chopped sausage and cook with the onions for a further 3 minutes.
- Now add the rice and continue to stir, using a wooden spoon, to coat the rice with the oil and mix with the sausage.
- Add the white wine and continue cooking, stirring often, until it has been absorbed by the rice.
- Pour in enough stock to cover the rice completely, about 3 cups, and continue to cook, stirring often, until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Pour in 1 cup more of the remaining stock and stir and cook until it has been absorbed. Repeat with 1 more cup.
- Add the remaining cup and cook, stirring, until the rice is al dente, tender but still very chewy, and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Stir in the pumpkin puree, diced pumpkin and peas and reduce the heat to very low so that the risotto doesn’t simmer anymore.
- Season to taste and stir in the grated Parmesan and butter to give the risotto a nice, creamy finish.
- Spoon it immediately into serving plates, garnish with fresh chopped parsley and parmesan shavings.
Buon apetit xxx
Until next time,