Welcome back to my Blog!
This week review it’s a different kind of #review but still one that I consider as a beauty one. We all know that beauty starts within and of the within is all over the place – something needs to be done/ I have to admit to myself that prior to becoming a coffee a.k.a. Latte lover I was die-hard tea lover!!! I found myself loving coffee more than I actually did tea, however, for the purpose of this post since I was about to change all that. I was contacted by Lumitea to review some of their products.
Today I am sharing my almost (as when this goes live) it will be the day before last from my 30-day detox cleanse system by LumiTea. Before you switch off and think its another post singing praises of a discounted item I got in the mail and which I have tried, please keep reading as this will a real post as all my reviews are 🙂
I have been over a year watching what I eat rigorously, as although I felt like all was going well, I did fall off the health wagon a few time and indulged in a lot of food including holidays, events and family dinners I thought to myself if I add the detox tea to my somewhat healthy eating it would add beneficial attributes to my body. I also started some type of exercise to help me with my fitness goals.
So as I was waiting to receive the package, I started reading on the products as it states that it promises to decrease bloating, increase energy gain and a reset the immune system and I thought to myself that these are things I would like to experience. It also says it will help with weight loss.
So let’s look at the ingredients (Click in each item to get more information)
Organic Oolong, Yerba Mate, Organic Dandelion leaf, Organic Ginger Root. Organic Lotus Leaf, Lemon, Gynostemma
The Detox Cleanse comes with 2 different packs, one called Skinny (contains caffeine) and the other Colon. You take the Skinny in the morning and Colon every other night for 30 days. The colon cleanse tea helpings de-bloat but you might also experience some weight loss.
These are filled with antioxidants and all help with digestion. Some of you may be familiar with Senna root as it is used as a light laxative – it definitely helped me #2 but not in an aggressive way. The Skinny tea you drink every morning and the Colon tea you drink every other night as not to overwhelm your digestive system.
Here’s what I experienced:
- The taste of the Skinny Tea is like any green or herbal tea – very natural;
- The Colon Tea was almost a little sweet- but also herby & grassy too. Great for a night cap;
- I drank my Skinny tea every morning as soon as I got to work to get ready for the day. I would then have another mug mid morning before my lunch;
- The Colon tea is meant to be made every other night after dinner but before bed. It was so soothing to have a cup of tea before bed – it became something I looked forward to and I might keep doing this to help me fall asleep when I finished the cleanse;
- I added lemon a few times which made to a different taste experience – which I enjoyed;
- I noticed that when I woke up the morning after using the colon tea, I was superr bloated but would have a #2 pretty early in the day and then would completely deflate. Days when I just had the skinny tea, I was super de-bloated!
- I was definitely more regular in the bathroom… But otherwise couldn’t tell a difference with digestion.
- My ONE complaint about this tea is being in the loose leaf form. I thought the LumiTea diffuser was SO cute but it was tricky to wash and towards the end of the last week I was getting a lot of fallout leaves in my cup which I did not like.
In the end:
- I lost 1kg which I was happy about. That said, I was trying to keep a close eye as to watch what I eat, drink much more water than I have done over the summer months and be a little bit more active to try and lose the ‘extra’ weight I gained. However, I do think that there is a good chance this tea gave all this process a good boost.
- I must say that I noticed with great pleasure that during the cleanse, my bloating went down a ton compared to normal which I found pretty impressive as I did not think I would see a difference as even when under a nutritionist supervision when I lost weight to my desired weight my belly area always remained a bit of bump whereas now that bump is less visible which is absolutely awesome, especially for someone who has passed by 2 years the 40’s milestone it means a lot, as all women are aware the older we get the slower our metabolism gets and I feel this cleansing duo kept everything at bay.
- I did not experience more or less energy, no changes in sleep, or appetite.
So my final thoughts on the Lumitea Detox plan is that I would definitely recommend to anyone reading this post to give this tea as try, really worth trying if you have a special event coming up! Whether it’s a girl’s night out an event or the infamous Christmas parties, this tea will make sure you aren’t bloated on the day! I would time the cleanse duo to end close to the event so that you can also have the added benefit of a little weight loss beforehand as well.
This is no fast remedy for weight loss as for that there are nutritionist and fitness coaches but it will definitely help the process along as well as keep you in the healthy mindset all throughout the cleanse. Also we all love waking up to a flat tummy right? It is always an extra boost to start the day good about yourself … totally makes you want to reach for a salad rather than pizza, right??
So anyone intrested to try LumiTea then log on to the website http://www.lumitea.com and do not forget to use the code DIVA to save some $$$ from your purchase!
Let me know guys if you wish yo know more details on this product and I do highly suggest to give it a try. Tea tastes good and having that nice cuppa every other day before you go to be is very very soothing.
Until next time,
*Product are PR items
Disclaimer: I was given a discount to buy these products, for the purpose of this review, however all opinions are my own and reflect my personal opinion and have in no way been influenced by agents mentioned.